Since 1929 we have produced world-class professional accountants.
The Philippine Institute of Certified Accountants or PICPA is the Accredited Integrated Professional Organization (AIPO) of CPAs by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and has been awarded twice as PRC’s most outstanding AIPO from among other professional organizations
The Philippine Institute of Certified Accountants or PICPA is the accredited professional organization (APO) of CPAs by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and has been awarded twice as PRC most outstanding APO from among other professional organizations. PICPA was founded in November 1929 by a group of illustrious pioneers in the accounting profession: Enrique Caguiat, Santiago de la Cruz, Francisco Dalupan, Jaime Hernandez, Felipe Ollada, Ramon del Rosario, Antonio Sanchez, Jose Torres, Artemio Tulio, Clemente Uson and Jesus Zulueta. W. W. Larkin, holder of CPA Certificate No. 1, was its first president.
A responsive and globally relevant professional organization committed to service excellence towards its members and stakeholders.
To serve the best interest of the members and the stakeholders while promoting, upholding, and maintaining high standards in the accountancy profession and protecting public interest.
1. Professional Excellence – We are committed to excellence in all aspects of our professional practice.
2. Integrity – We advocate the truth and conduct ourselves at all times with honesty, uprightness and adherence to sound moral principles, thereby gaining the respect of the public.
3. Commitment – We bind ourselves to uphold these ideals to ensure the accomplishment of PICPA’s Vision and Mission.
4. Partnership and Team Work – We uphold a strong bond of unity, working in the spirit of harmony and commonality.
5. Advocacy for Quality – We strictly adhere to the code of professional conduct adopted by PICPA to ensure highest spiritual, moral and ethical standards.
6. New Technologies and Innovativeness – We seek and apply new ideas to improve performance. We continuously promote creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness amidst constant change.
7. Social Responsibility – We commit ourselves to a strong, active and devoted sense of duty to society.